Age 4-6 yrs Time 12:30pm-2:30pm Fees $2,500
Social Skills Playgroup is a behaviour-based program specialising in social skills development for children between the ages 4-6. We provide children the support they need to develop their confidence and skills while participating in a small group setting.
Our specialised instruction and small-class ratios teach children the skills they need to participate in open-ended group play with structured activities.
The curriculum is designed teach social and play skills in a group setting by providing
- Resources that evoke social interaction/communication and play skills
- Visuals tools that support the curriculum
- Repetition, reinforcement and consistency to acquire the skills
- Frequent opportunities to practice specific skills
Based on the needs and goals of participants our ILC class will focus on:
- Gross-motor / Sensory-motor play;
- Collaborative group projects such as construction and role-play;
- Learning about being a good friend;
- Play skills & group games;
- Social pragmatic language skills which includes greetings, conversations;
- Navigating peer relationships including taking turns and sharing; and
- Social-cognitive awareness.