Age 18 yrs and above || Time 9:30am–11:30am || Fees $2,500 || Class Size 12
Conversational English for Adults covers basics of conversational English, such as what you might say when you meet people for the first time and how to talk to people and make new friends. You will also be able to use what you learn in your everyday life and converse with others.
This course allows you to practice simple conversational techniques that will give you confidence when meeting and greeting people using the English language as well as reviewing basic auxiliary verbs, main verbs, adjectives and open ended questions. It is ideal for those who want to improve their basic conversational English and will help learners on their way to becoming more confident when communicating. You will be supported by our teachers who will deliver the curriculum in Cantonese and help you speak fluently in English.
The student will:
- Speak with a degree of fluency without causing undue strain to the listener
- Improve listening skills to recognise speech patterns
- Learn the appropriateness of speech in a variety of situations
- Focus on intonation, stress and rhythm
- Learn to pronounce words clearly and correctly
- Use appropriate connectives
- Become more confident speakers and readers
Students will familarise themselves with a variety of age appropriate factual and creative texts; read independently and in small groups; examine different text types on chosen theme and extend vocabulary by noting and using previously unknown words found in the selected texts.
Activities include reading aloud, practice phrasing questions and responding in an appropriate manner depending on the situation and the audience. Students will be engaged in presenting both formal and informal speeches in a variety of situations.
Students will develop listening and presentation skills through:
- Reading aloud with confidence in class from chosen texts
- Identifying key words in texts
- Responding appropriately to spoken texts
- Developing appropriate sentences
- Composing a variety of speeches based on audience and purpose
- Developing skills in the use of appropriate phrasing, register and tone
- Using appropriate body language and gestures when delivering talks
- Discussion groups
- Participate in role play with other members of class
年齡 18歲及以上 || 時間 上午9:30–上午11:30 || 學費 $2,500 || 每班人數 12
本課程允許練習簡單的會話技巧，這將使您在運用英語會議和問候人時以及審查基本輔助動詞，主動詞，形容詞和開放式問題時, 更有信心。這是理想的班來改進英語會話及加倍自信。這是理想的英語會話班, 以改進溝通能力, 並且將加強自信。我們的老師將以廣東話授課，並幫助您用英語流利地話。
學生將會熟悉各種適齡的事實和創意文字; 獨立閱讀和小組閱讀; 審查所選主題的不同文體並通過注意和使用選文本中所學的前新單詞來擴展詞彙。活動包括朗讀，練習短語問題，並根據情況和觀眾以適當的措詞作出回應。學生將在各種情況下參與正式和非正式演講。